• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Add another Colex or will one Zund do what the two Colex

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
I’d look at cutworx, they have a great line up that would likely fit the bill.. centrally located as well.
https://www.cutworxusa.com/
If they already have a colex, that can be used for more heavier duty processing.
Platforms like the Apex Pro have the rack drives supplemented with a tensioned belt system to improve speed.
This is useful with knife cutting operations as just rack and pinion can only go so fast depending on the encoder system used.
If just speed specs are needed for considerations, the Celero 7 platforms are lightning quick.

Superior_Adam

I would say Zund. There is a reason they are more money. Talked to a lot of people that had experience with Esko and Zund and they said they would never do Esko again as the Zund is that much better. There is a plant near me that has 9 zund machines in total. That says something. I have had mine for 3 years and not 1 tech visit needed.

Gordon@Colex

If you’re asking if two cutters would be more productive then one absolutely. Keep in mind that the new Colex Sharpcut Pro is faster than the Zund G3 or the Kongsberg C series cutters in max cutting speed. We are also much faster in Acceleration than the Zund. With that I can make a very good argument that the Colex SXC1732 or the SX1732 is more productive than the Zund one on one.

Give me a call or shoot me an email and we can go over everything.

Gordon 585-739-1046 or gkane@colex.com