• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive Vinyl leaving residue on printer

Hagerty

Just got a Epson SureColor 60600 and have only printed 2 full rolls of White Concept 201-HTAP-60 Matte 3.4mil High Tack Permanent adhesive. After removing the second roll and getting ready to put in the 3rd, I noticed a line of residue/adhesive? on the right side of the back heater, going from the bottom straight up to where it feeds into the rollers. The size is just about 2/16" in width and follows the right edge of where the the vinyl would have been against the heater. I did my best to clean it up but you can still see a faint line. Not sure if it is the Adhesive Vinyl or if our heater is set to high causing it to melt off/get sticky. Temps are set at 104,104,122. Anyone have this issue?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I have a roll of it and the vinyl shrinks right on the rolled liner about a 1/16in. and leaves adhesive on it before you even print it.
I usually cut a quarter inch off both sides of the material before printing on it since it could cause havoc if it gets in the print head nozzles.
High Tack.jpg

Mr.Signboy

Just got a Epson SureColor 60600 and have only printed 2 full rolls of White Concept 201-HTAP-60 Matte 3.4mil High Tack Permanent adhesive. After removing the second roll and getting ready to put in the 3rd, I noticed a line of residue/adhesive? on the right side of the back heater, going from the bottom straight up to where it feeds into the rollers. The size is just about 2/16" in width and follows the right edge of where the the vinyl would have been against the heater. I did my best to clean it up but you can still see a faint line. Not sure if it is the Adhesive Vinyl or if our heater is set to high causing it to melt off/get sticky. Temps are set at 104,104,122. Anyone have this issue?
That happens on most printers, I don't think your heater is too high, it's just something you have to clean off from time to time. I just add that step when I clean the printheads on my Rolands.

Hagerty

That happens on most printers, I don't think your heater is too high, it's just something you have to clean off from time to time. I just add that step when I clean the printheads on my Rolands.
Thanks, I have been cleaning it daily and it seems to keep it in check.

BigNate

... before loading media, if you put a very thin bit of silicone lubricant on the area where the adhesive builds up, you can save yourself the headache of cleaning it up afterward.... care must be takes to not get silicone lubricant on the rollers or anywhere where there should be friction. (the old Prisco Slide would work, as would any of the old Xerox fuser oil, etc.... use incredibly sparingly.)

Mr.Signboy

Thanks, I have been cleaning it daily and it seems to keep it in check.
I clean mine are nice a week-ish sometimes 2 weeks. It doesn’t really cause any issues unless you let a lot build up. Everyday should keep your machine looking pretty good.