• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adhesive vinyl sq ft pricing - what does that include?

gnubler

Does your sq ft pricing include any prep work when it comes off the printer/plotter, or is it strictly for the material itself? Weeding, masking, trimming out, etc. Do you charge a shop rate for any additional work or is that built into your sq ft pricing?

iam808

Cut/Pick/Tape of easy weeding is a sqft price. But if someone needs a complicated design or small text the shop rate gets added.

Funny how I consider cut vinyl to be specialty now.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Back when we sold retail (Been 12 years) we would include material, weeding, masking in the sqft price. We had a range of sqft pricing to accommodate complex designs. In the end, the goal was to try to simplify pricing in a way that would average our shop hourly rate. Time is really the "thing" you are selling.

Design and installation were extra, or worked into a flat rate of say 1 shop hour minimum.