• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adjusting amount of Cyan in an image?

GoodPeopleFlags

Is it possible to adjust how much Cyan is printed in an image? I'm trying to print an image of a mug of beer and after trying several settings, the Yellow keeps coming out a little Green. I tried telling it to print the Cyan last so I could possibly just not print the Cyan but then the Magneta parts came out too Red. I thought maybe I could adjust how much Cyan to be printed but can't seem to figure out how. Maybe there's a way in Photoshop to do it? Another thing is, tho, while it looks great on the screen, that doesn't necessarily mean how it will look when it prints so I'd have to keep adjusting, print a test, adjust more, etc. Any suggestions?

GK

In Photoshop its under Levels.

Image < Adjustments < Levels, them adjust the Cyan channel.

GoodPeopleFlags

Maybe this will help show what I mean. :thankyou:

Attachments

• Beer.jpg
    Beer.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 73

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You have to go back to Photoshop to actually reduce the cyan but it probably isn't the issue. More likely it is the color profiles being used that is causing the color shift.

In GSPPlot, 123 dialog, turn off the automatic color selection and manually select the output profile named "Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK" to see if you like the result.

If that doesn't do it go back and see which Source Image Color Profile you are using in your image controls in Composer. If it is set to Gerber [GSP] Internal Working Color Space, try a different Source Image Color Profile.

If necessary, go back to Photoshop and look at which color profile you have assigned to the image and choose a different one. I find that the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile gives me very acceptable color output. If you choose that then also choose it as the Source Image Color Profile in Composer. Then use the Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK output profile in GSPPlot when you print it.

GK

this is with no cyan. you lose some depth of the colors because of the 0% cyan. I would check the profiles you are using to print first.

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 74

GoodPeopleFlags

Thanks so much you guys! Tried doing a few things of what you each said and got a great print. Fred, you are a GERBER GURU! Thanks for all your help! :thankyou::U Rock: