• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Ai and Graphtec Cutmaster 4 and 5 help

artofacks1

Hello,

I installed AI 2022 with cutmaster 4 and get a time out error when sending to cut/plot using the cutmaster 4 plug in in Adobe Illustrator.
the create registration works though.

I also tried AI 2023 with Cutmaster5 plug in and when I try to create registration marks it doesn't open the registration window. However, in this version the cut/plot works.

I need both registration and cut/plot to work from either version. Does anyone have any in sights on what Illustrator version plays nice with cutmaster 4 or any support would be helpful to get this going. Graphtec support has been very slow to respond so far :-(

T.I.A.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-15 072505.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-15 072505.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 875

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Hmmm as a work around, if all else works, can a script be made to create the necessary parameters? In a similar fashion, we have a plug-in with Corel for creating registration marks & plotting. The plug-in is only available on our RIP Station. I created a macro that would allow us to create the necessary parameters from any of the other Corel workstations. All the plug -in needs is the reg marks with a specific name and layer. I then use another macro to create a "cut" layer, and just manually create any cut lines. Once that is all done we send a pdf to our print tech. Once it's printed and laminated we can pull it up from corel on the RIP station and just use the plug-in for cutting.

Thought maybe it could be done with illy too.

ikarasu

Hello,

I installed AI 2022 with cutmaster 4 and get a time out error when sending to cut/plot using the cutmaster 4 plug in in Adobe Illustrator.
the create registration works though.

I also tried AI 2023 with Cutmaster5 plug in and when I try to create registration marks it doesn't open the registration window. However, in this version the cut/plot works.

I need both registration and cut/plot to work from either version. Does anyone have any in sights on what Illustrator version plays nice with cutmaster 4 or any support would be helpful to get this going. Graphtec support has been very slow to respond so far :-(

T.I.A.
This is what I did when I had the CM4 time out error. It fixed it - I was on windows though,so its a bit different than what the video shows... but you can likely figure it out pretty easy following his mac steps.

dypinc

CM4 works fine with AI 2023 at least on the Mac. Not sure what the would need to change in CM5 other than for the installer to recognize AI 2023.

Looks like CM5 only works with the latest cutters. Asks for a serial number for FC9000 for example and no FC8500 or FC8000 listed, so probably would not accept serial number to registrar for old models.

Last edited:

ikarasu

I installed CM5 on my art room PC... not ready to install it on my production PC (2023, with CM4). I get an error when trying to open it up.... I can open it from the program itself, but the illustrator plugin throws an error.

I hate the new look from what I can see of it. It feels like theyre trying to turn it into an Apple app - Or the windows Aero crap that microsoft tried to pull awhile ago.

You can finally change the condition names on the 9000 with CM5 though... Its always bugged me, one of our operators has a goldfish memory. So he doesnt use diff conditions... he just changes the values. Where as I always had condition 1 for 1 media... 2 for media with overlam...3 for media...etc. now I can name them for him :roflmao:

ikarasu

I already uninstalled cm5. I haaaate it compared to cm4. Cm4 took a bit to get used to... But I feel like cm5 is such a huge change for the worst. Unless a illustrator version comes out that cm4 did working for, I'm sticking to cm4

artofacks1

This is what I did when I had the CM4 time out error. It fixed it - I was on windows though,so its a bit different than what the video shows... but you can likely figure it out pretty easy following his mac steps.
I tried that wi no luck :(