• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe CC 2015

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
It looks very likely Adobe will roll out the "2015" version of Creative Cloud next week. Adobe has a big keynote address about Creative Cloud scheduled in Berlin on Tuesday, June 16. The first CC version was released 6/17/13 and the 2014 version was released 6/18/14.

I haven't seen a whole lot of buzz regarding specific features in the new applications. Actually I've seen more hype lately about a haze/de-haze filter that may be added to Lightroom and Photoshop later in 2015. Photoshop CC is supposed to get more 3D printing capabilities. After Effects may get a new 2D character animation module that can even do motion capture from a web camera.

Does anyone here have any ideas or opinions about what new features or improvements we could anticipate in the CC 2015 release?

There are a few things I'd love to see incorporated into Adobe Illustrator, all of which I have requested repeatedly in the user request area in Adobe's user forums. I really have no idea what Adobe is going to add to Illustrator, but if I had to guess it would probably be more webby style tools to build assets for web sites or wire frame them.

The last Camera RAW update made Bridge unreasonably slow at previewing or adjusting RAW files on my Windows 7 notebook. Hopefully this upcoming update will tweak things properly.

I've been doing more with Adobe Muse lately. It had some issues with SVG graphics, but those bugs are apparently fixed now. The app will be stuck if Adobe can't figure out how to make Muse build fully responsive web sites. Some widgets and features have responsive behaviors, but that isn't enough. Adobe needs to incorporate some of the best elements of Edge Reflow into Muse, like the customizable break points. If you combined that with liquid layout behavior I think it would make the whole responsive thing quite a bit easier. Right now if you want to build a fully responsive web site you either have to code it completely by hand or use a stock system like WordPress with all its pre-built templates.