• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Versaworks

taco

Hello All,

I have created just standard text in PS but I just need to countour cut it, and for the life of me I have not figured it out yet, can somone help going crazy........ I have saved it as a tif with layer without layers and everything else under the sun....... I have it belved and flexi cannot do that... please help............I have attached the file.......thank you thank you.....

TaCo

Attachments

• River City Cab .psd
    551.8 KB · Views: 208

Mason

It wont work the way you want to do it.

Im assuming you also have Illustrator?

If so,

In PS CS2 control click the layer with the text on it, it will make a selection of the text, go to your Paths palette and select "make work path" then save the path. Next go to file/export/paths to illustrator, save the path.

Open up Illustrator, locate your path file, you need to assign the path the CutContour color for Versaworks, Go to File/Place, locate the .psd and place it in Illustrator, put this on a layer below the path, line the path up to the text and save the whole thing as an .eps

Go to VersaWorks and open up the file you just saved and you should be good to go.

taco

I figured out everything you said except the CutContour, I am tryind to do this on a computer that does not have Versa Works, when that software is installed does it input that somewhere or do I have to create that in Illustrator? That is the only thing holding me back now....Thank you for your time....

TaCo

javila

Open the swatch pallette in Illustrator. Make the stroke of the path you're going to use to cut any color you want. Inside the palletter window you'll see the color you have picked for the cut path. Double click it. Another little window will pop up. Change the type to "spot color" and rename it CutContour exactly as I wrote it. Then when you export the eps you should have the cut line. You can do this from flexi as well if you'd like.

Mason

Is the file going to VersaWorks for final output?

If so, and you do not have the color swatch provided by VersaWorks, you can create a new color swatch and name it "CutContour" and save the swatch, apply that as a 1pt. stroke to your outline and Versaworks should recognize it.

taco

Hello Mason,

I have selected the cutcontour but it is not letting me create a new swatch I am clicking to create and does nothing, could you give me a step by step???... I just want to create it in photoshop and then send to VersaWorks or I know I have to goto Illustrator for the cut then to versaworks.....LOL

TaCo

taco

OK, I am at my wits end and trying to get this done....... and I am getting close to a deadline...... If someone could call me I would be most grateful... I know I am missing just one step......... please someone call me........

TaCo

Kevin
(309) 303-7804

creative

import the file into Flexi, in Flexi depress the F1 key, go to contour cut and follow the instructions

taco

I have tried that too thinking it would help, but there is no way to do it, when imported all it does is have a big block. I have tried everything I can think of and against the wall....

TaCo

PMG

Taco I got it to contour in Flexi!!!!!! once you import select the magic wand and select a area and it will out line it for you/then make it transparent/then contour it!!!

Last edited:

taco

Thank you for the reply but that is not what I was looking for, MASON you are awesome, thank you for your help I really really apprecaited it.......

YOU ROCK DUDE............

PMG

Glad you got what you were looking for....... as i read your post you stated you were looking to contour cut the file and said flexi wont do it!!! sorry if i misunderstood ya!!!!

taco

Mason,

I still would like you either give me a detailed way of doing it just for reference......LOL when you get some time.......

TaCo

Color Dude

Taco:

You said you had Flexi, but you couldnt bring the file into Flexi becuase of the bevel. I know you have fix the file already and completed your deadline, but just an FYI for next time.

If you have effects on a file made in PS, did you know that you can save that file as an EPS then open it in Flexi all effects stay in tact, ungroup the work, drop the background off the job, and then apply the contour cut to it. Save the file as an eps again, then open it in Versaworks. It will see the cut line with no problem and the effects are still there.

You can then print and cut the file just as you designed it.

I maybe heading down the wrong path, but from what I was reading you were trying to use a rastered image and were experiencing difficulty applying a contour cut line to it.

Contour cuts can be applied in Flexi and then opened in Versaworks and they will work perfect.

Anyways, just thought about this as I was reading your post

PMG

Taco:

You said you had Flexi, but you couldnt bring the file into Flexi becuase of the bevel. I know you have fix the file already and completed your deadline, but just an FYI for next time.

If you have effects on a file made in PS, did you know that you can save that file as an EPS then open it in Flexi all effects stay in tact, ungroup the work, drop the background off the job, and then apply the contour cut to it. Save the file as an eps again, then open it in Versaworks. It will see the cut line with no problem and the effects are still there.

You can then print and cut the file just as you designed it.

I maybe heading down the wrong path, but from what I was reading you were trying to use a rastered image and were experiencing difficulty applying a contour cut line to it.

Contour cuts can be applied in Flexi and then opened in Versaworks and they will work perfect.

Anyways, just thought about this as I was reading your post

(QUOTE TACO)........NOOOOOO, I thank you for your time and replies..........have a good day....
:help: :help:he stated thats not what he was looking for!!!

Color Dude

PMG:

He was worried about losing the effects. And the process your performing is not the way I said to do it. Read the post and dont be so quick to use the QUOTE button.

Your talking about a masking option on a raster image in Flexi. I am talking about using vector graphics from PS. No Magic Wand involved. Using a Photoshop EPS file. Still retaining the effects without having to flatten the file.

Please pay attention. I was trying to show him another option because I never saw him mention that he tried that.

Have a wonderful day

PMG

PMG:

He was worried about losing the effects. And the process your performing is not the way I said to do it. Read the post and dont be so quick to use the QUOTE button.

Your talking about a masking option on a raster image in Flexi. I am talking about using vector graphics from PS. No Magic Wand involved. Using a Photoshop EPS file. Still retaining the effects without having to flatten the file.

Please pay attention. I was trying to show him another option because I never saw him mention that he tried that.

Have a wonderful day
GOT YA SORRY:biggrin:...... I will pay more attention next time.Lately I forgotten to take my PAY ATTENTION DISORDER MEDS THE PAST FEW DAYS!!!!!!!!!! You also have a wonderful day sir!!!:thankyou: I just took my meds:peace!: