• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe update won't let me use Cutting Master 4

MMPLarge Format

Anybody else having this issue? Adobe Illustrator updated and now I do not have the option to send a file for Cutting Master 4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software three times now. Graphtec support hasn't got back to me and I've got jobs due today that require this cutter. Anybody have any helpful ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The spec for cutting master 4 only goes up to CC2021. If you just upgraded to CC2022, it's probably going to take a little bit for them to catch up unfortunately. Can you go back to CC2021? I'm still on CS6 so I don't know how it works these days lol.

tbullo

Superunknown
When updating, it asked us if you want to leave the old version on your system. Lucky we selected this and all is fine.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
From the creative cloud application, you can also download older versions, as well as the current one.

WildWestDesigns

What I would suggest, is always stay one generation back (I don't think Adobe allows anything beyond x-1 as it is). Don't upgrade to the latest and greatest when it first comes out. Should still have a year, before Adobe would require you to upgrade and all the plugins should have adapted by that time. Or if don't want to wait for that year, at least give it a couple of months before doing the upgrade.

The joys of rolling release.

MHester

Hehe, I'm still using Illustrator 2019 with CutMaster4, because I'm afraid to upgrade it to the 2020-2021 ai version. I still use Adobe 2022 products , but my RIP computer maintains 2019 illustrator to be used with CM4 only. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Good luck with it MMPLarge Format, you should be able to back-install a previous version. Once you do, don't overwrite it.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
For some odd reason Graphtec chose first to update the Mac version of Cutting Master 4 to support Illustrator 26 (CC 2022) before taking care of its Windows version. Aren't these guys aware the vast majority of sign companies are running Windows systems? Quite a few industry specific sign design/production applications are Windows-only.

Hopefully they'll have the Windows version of Cutting Master 4 updated soon. Adobe has had the Illustrator SDK available to third party developers for quite some time. Astute Graphics rolled out their AI 26 compatible plugins the first day of the Adobe MAX conference.

WildWestDesigns

I got an email yesterday saying it should be compatible in about 30 days.
Yep, always best not to be on the latest and greatest when it first comes out. Wait a bit.

I got an email just today about Astute now being compatible with the latest Adobe (they are usually fairly quick).

Plugins like these and Wacom drivers on OS updates always get people that get the new versions when things drop.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The email from Astute Graphics yesterday was more to do about compatibility with MacOS Monterey and Windows 11, plus a warning they will deprecate compatibility for macOS 10.10 and 10.11, Windows 7 and 8.1 "in the near future." Adobe's CC applications aren't compatible with those OSes anymore either. Any of those compatibility updates would have been included with the big rollout of plugin updates released last week during the Adobe MAX event. Astute Graphics hasn't released any minor updates in the days since. Funny thing, Adobe already released one minor update for Illustrator 26.

WildWestDesigns

The email from Astute Graphics yesterday was more to do about compatibility with MacOS Monterey and Windows 11, plus a warning they will deprecate compatibility for macOS 10.10 and 10.11, Windows 7 and 8.1 "in the near future."
While I do agree that it was more to do about the OS compatibility, it did also have to deal with Ai 26, but considering changes with the OS are more substantive compared to just single software (relatively speaking), it was more about that, but they also cover that Ai 26 was compatible with their plugins.

I am not surprised about dropping Win 7 support as that has been EOL for awhile now, but there is still some time left on 8.1 before it goes EOL (although like Vista, I doubt it still has that much of a user base to make it worth the override, but still technically a supported OS).

I'm surprised thought that they haven't dropped some support for the earlier CC versions as I do believe Adobe is still enforcing the x-1 rule on how far back one can be on Adobe products. Unless that has changed. As they still support a version of Ai that would have fallen under that Dolby kerfuffle that caused Adobe to migrate to that x-1 rule to get users off versions of the software that were remotely around with that had the Dolby blob (even if that blob wasn't directly in that specific piece of software, but it was apart of the suite that other programs did have it).

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm a little foggy on how Adobe pushes users to stay relatively current with running Adobe applications. If someone is running Adobe CC applications that are more than a couple years old I don't know if Adobe forces the users to update to newer versions. It is a little surprising Astute Manager compatibility goes back to Illustrator 17, released 8 years ago.

In the Creative Cloud application only the latest version and last update of the previous version of any app is available. For example, for Illustrator the 26.0.1 version is the default and version 25.4.1 can be accessed by clicking the little 3-dots icon and selecting "other versions."

Users who purchased and registered Creative Suite 5, 5.5 or 6 applications can still download, install and activate those versions from their accounts (using a compatible operating system). Installers for CS2, CS3 and CS4 have gone bye bye. The activation servers for CS2 & CS3 were turned off years ago; I think the CS4 servers are dead too.

The latest updates to Illustrator and Photoshop are pretty worthwhile. The level of integration between the two applications has been improved significantly with this latest release.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

I'm a little foggy on how Adobe pushes users to stay relatively current with running Adobe applications. If someone is running Adobe CC applications that are more than a couple years old I don't know if Adobe forces the users to update to newer versions.
They did originally force for sure. Under threat of the customer could be potentially sued by Dobly (even though it was Adobe that were the ones responsible for paying the licensing dues for the Dolby blob).

Users who purchased and registered Creative Suite 5, 5.5 or 6 applications can still download, install and activate those versions from their accounts (using a compatible operating system).
While there is comfort in the fact that part of Windows bloat is support for legacy systems/programs (not so much with Apple), I highly doubt Win 11 will be supported (certainly not officially) and certainly Win 10 was still 3 yrs away when CS6 came out, but I think that the last updates (didn't they end for CS6 in 2017?) for CS6 would get support for Win 10.

Installers for CS2, CS3 and CS4 have gone bye bye. The activation servers for CS2 & CS3 were turned off years ago; I think the CS4 servers are dead too.
They used to have it to where you could get CS2 installers sans activation. Although that turned out to be somewhat of a nightmare for them as people that it was for everyone and not just those that already had a legit license of those products. They were under no obligation to do so, and I'm not surprised I haven't heard of that going on since either with the other versions. I would not be surprised if the rest of the servers stop working either (I'm honestly surprised that they haven't stop already).

The latest updates to Illustrator and Photoshop are pretty worthwhile. The level of integration between the two applications has been improved significantly with this latest release.
I have always loved the integration between the whole Adobe suite. Even for my hobby game dev work, it was just great to be able to seamless go from one product to the next to work on files. Things in the open source world have gotten better (particularly with the more robust quality programs), but still not at the level of Adobe, but getting there.

ikarasu

So many posts, so little answers!

CM4 looks for CC21, and adobe is now on CC22. There was no core functionality changes... I've been using it all day perfectly fine.

If you didnt delete plugins, goto - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plug-ins

copy"Cutplot2378" or whatever cutplot version you have, copy it into - "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Plug-ins" And it'll work. If you dont have it....re-install illustrator 2021, install CM4... and then copy it over and you'll be good to go.