• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ADSI vs APD?

Rodi

Seems like 2 companies arising out of the ashes of the old Allen Datagraph.

I was wondering what folks thought about them.

http://www.adsi-usa.com/Sin/main_Sin.htm

http://www.apdevices.com/Plotter.html

Now my question is which is more like the old Allen Datagraph? What is the story?

To me it is interesting enough to see a website (APD) have software and plotter drivers for the old company, and yet ADSI seems to have the actual name! Sure looks like APD is more just vinyl cutting and ADSI is doing a bunch of stuff (I like the die cutter for the label market, it looks intersting.)

Rodi

Ok,
I must have read them wrong, I tend to speed read through names, and remember specs. OOPS.

Thanks for clearing that up!

SignosaurusRex

I'm an old Anagraph user since the early days and still am. I've been interested in another plotter as well as some replacement parts for an older plotter which last time I talked to them (APD) they could help with. Unfortunately I've been trying to get a hold of anybody at APD for over two months. Left messages etc., to no avail. I'm beginning to think they have evaporated. I was interested in the APD line because my understanding from what I've heard is that they are a very well built machine much like most of the Anagraph line was, but if they are not around to sell them, then they are not around any other time either. I'm guessing that APD is to Anagraph what the Avanti was to Studebaker.........Reincarnations of companies that were ahead of their time and unable to survive.

Last edited:

Rodi

I talked to them once about 2.5 years ago, they were pretty informative. CiberSupply (Merchant Memeber) sells them.