• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on cutter...

geek_riot

Well, there has been some sort of screwup with my Roland GX-24. It was delivered to the wrong address and rejected, so it is being sent back! I am quite frustrated at this point, as the company I purchased this from is at fault. So now the drawing board is wiped clean... I am open for any suggestions on a 24" cutter... SummaCut D60, or should I get the ROland GX-24, the Graphtec 24"...
Thanks,
you all rock!:U Rock:
Kim

ChiknNutz

For me, I'd probably buy a Graphtec FC7000-series (the new 5100) due to the reg mark sensor. The Summas, although great machines, seem over-priced in comparison. I'd also get LARGER than 24" if possible. I have the D60 and it is great, I do wish it was larger and had OPOS.

WVB

I would like to add the Panther Pro series which now has OPOS. Plus you can get a lot of suppliers with the machine at no additional cost.

seaviewsigns

i have a Graphtec CE 3000-60.... would follow graphixtreme's advice if i were to buy one now. i'd like to have the registration feature now that i'm looking into printers, but i'm very happy with the Graphtec line.

Decal_Designs

Bigger can be better, but not always necessary.
If you're looking into a 24" cutter, I'd recommend the Summa D60. I did a lot of reading on most of the 24" cutter before I decided on the D60.

Leondo

I have a Master 24".... *runs from the rioting crowd*

Friendly%20riot.jpg

Barry

geb said:
My vote is Summa, Graphtec, Roland in that order.

George
I would put Summa and Graphtec about the same and then Roland at the end... I currently have a D60 for the smaller stuff and I can cut 30 inch material with my Versacamm.

geek_riot

Hello all, thanks for the advice. I went with the 24" Graphtec CE3000-60, and am planning on using it with Illustrator.

:)
Kim