• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on upgrading from US Cutter and Sign Blazer

anim8r21

I use my cutter to do graphics for my event business. We build carnival games and event decor props that get vinyl lettering. My trusty old US Cutter Pcut machine is starting to have problems connecting the corners on sharp turns and cuts deeper on one side of the machine than the other, so I'm considering buying a new cutter.
I've been looking at some of the $300-400 cutters from Sign Warehouse or US Cutter.
Is there any way to use my Sign Blazer software with a newer cutter?
Can I import my existing SB files into newer software?
If I buy one of these cutters, what is a good software that has all the features of SB but doesn't cost $500?

Thanks,
Alex

striper14

As someone whos owned a Pcut or creation cutter, I ran it for 2-3 years until I just had to buy a proper cutter..a Summa D75 ..you really do get what you pay for i'm afraid but thats your decision.
as for software you'd have to load each file in SignBlazer then export as an eps which any decent cutting program can import

You'd probably be able to use a generic driver for a new cutter tho have you tried a new cutting strip & blade to fix your problems ??

OldPaint

get a ROLAND......NOT A CX-24, but a CAMM PRO machine. cx/gx-300, 400 500. the CX-24 is in the same level as your US CUTTER........
Get a copy of COREL anyone from 10-X7.......d/l the driver to CUT FROM COREL...... been doing this since 1990's))))

Pippin Decals

I use my cutter to do graphics for my event business. We build carnival games and event decor props that get vinyl lettering. My trusty old US Cutter Pcut machine is starting to have problems connecting the corners on sharp turns and cuts deeper on one side of the machine than the other, so I'm considering buying a new cutter.
I've been looking at some of the $300-400 cutters from Sign Warehouse or US Cutter.
Is there any way to use my Sign Blazer software with a newer cutter?
Can I import my existing SB files into newer software?
If I buy one of these cutters, what is a good software that has all the features of SB but doesn't cost $500?

Thanks,
Alex

If your wanting to keep money in your pocket without spending alot ,but have a really good machine i would suggest a titan 2 or 3 depending on the size you need,,The titan has been an amazing cutter for the past 1 1/2 years with no issues and pristine cuts as well for me with zero issues,,ts just under the quality of the Graphtec according to the chart uscutter uses on cutter quality ,The titan 2 28" will let you cut small scraps down to roughly 3" wide scraps up to 24" wide rolls and the titan 3 (larger than a 28") will let you cut material at 12 or 15" wide up to ?? i dont remember right now,But i bought the smaller cutter due to the scraps i would have and im glad i did,,And i know of others who have asked the same thing as you and they were happy with the titan 2 28' cutter and glad they listened..... Just my own opinion but think about scrap waste, And you will be happy with the titan 2. And for software I really suggest scalps 4 pro( Sure cuts A lot) from craftedge.com,If you have illustrator cs6 or cc you will have the perfect combo of software,I have checked out and bought Vm and similar programs and scalps is just the easiest to use hands down.AI and Scalps you be your best combo period.promise,I can even show you how the 2 work together if your interested.Send me A PM and ill explain,, Dwayne from california