• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on used Roland sp300v...

lggraphix

Hi all.
We are looking into a used sp300v but have some concerns and a little nervous purchasing used. We've outsourced a lot of our sign orders to a vendor but we're getting busier with sign jobs so want to get into an entry-mid level machine so we can try and keep everything in-house. Any recomendations as to what we should look out for when testing used machine? I know print head replacement can get costly from what I've read so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

player

Get the history report from machine. Hours used, shot count on heads plus all the other info. I would want to see it being printed...

What is the general shape of the printer? Is the docking station fairly clean or is is covered in ink? Casings clean, not cracked? Are there knife cuts on the printer or is it clean?

Ask for maintenance history. What service has been done? How old is the printer?

Get a test print. Are all bars clear and equally spaced? Any missing?

You need original VersaWorks disk to load rip.

Is the cutter accurate? Does it contour cut properly?

Any inks and/or media included?

Etc...

How much?