• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

After installing new heads?

MichaelS

I am sure this is answered somewhere but I can't find it. After installing a new head on my SP300 there is still some drop out in the test print. I have run a couple of cleanings and it got better, is this the correct way to get the ink flowing? Before closing it up I did pull air thru the pump hose, but not enough to get ink thru.
So should I run more cleanings, print some tests or pull the pump line and suck some ink thru? Thanks

MichaelS

One more question, The colors print ok but the magenta registration is now off a little to the left and up when looking at the machine. How do i adjust this? I have the service manual but can't get into the service mode. The code I have is up left right down left down right, then hold left down right and power. This does not work for my very old SP300, any suggestions? Can I adjust the head alignment without entering the service mode?

CS-SignSupply

First off... replace your captops. May resolve the missing nozzle issue.

Registration - you need to do the Horizontal Head Adjustment in the Control panel menu.

MichaelS

Captops are new, missing ink is now flowing, only yellow seems to have a tough of magenta in it but I think it will clean out.
I will try the horizontal adjust thanks.
Thanks for the 'code' I will try that one.

MichaelS

Got it set up now, had to make my own test print for the alignment. The M/Y head was off both horizontal and vertically, perfect now. Getting to those tiny screws on the head is a pain but I'm good at it now.