• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help AGFA anapurna M2540 homing problem

Eeeeky

Hey all! First post here! Happy to have found a place for print geeks. I recently purchased an AGFA anapurna M2540FB to add to our shop. Got it in the shop, wired in, air in, powered up..it homes all 3 axis, sits still for 30-45 seconds then throws an error alarm for "Home Check Fail" I've doubled checked the Z limit switch, cleaned encoder strips, etc. If I move the machine by hand with the power off, then power on and try again, the Z goes to the top and sits still. Z doesnt move at all once parked at the top. The previous owner mentioned he thought it usually did more than this? The carriage and gantry both home like most cnc machines do. I've swapped the motherboard with no change, spent HOURS scouring the machine for loose connections, and read the manual for bootup procedures and tests and there isn't much to be found. I've also searched google and this forum to no avail. I've setup an account with AGFA to hopefully make contact with a tech, but I'm not getting a "helpful" vibe from them.

Previous owner states the printer worked great before we brought it to my shop, but I can't confirm this. It was decommissioned and stored for about 3 months before I picked it up. Wing sensors are clear and move easily(clicking like they should)

I'm at a loss. Has anyone run into this? Any suggestions? Maybe a service mode or something I can get it into? At least maybe to see what its trying to check and failing at? I'll HAPPILY pay for someone's time to help me through this. I'm fairly savvy with whatever it may need, just not the process to find the issue with this machine. I can't do anything with the rip software until the machine homes, which it fails and won't do. The little blue boxes are lit up in the RIP software for 'safety' 'white' and 'wing sensor'

Thanks all,

Aeryk

Attachments

• 20210410_181824.jpg
    20210410_181824.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 364
Last edited:

Eeeeky

I'll lube the lead screw and report back. I have confirmed that the Z limit switch is working. Might have forgot to mention that, sorry.

Eeeeky

Lubed the Z rod and bearing rails, no change. I expected this as it moves freely with power off, and also raises itself to the top when the homing procedure starts.

Eeeeky

Looks like I'm needing to replace the PCB that controls the head height. Agfa calls it the "head lift PCB". If anyone has one, I'm paypal ready.

Eeeeky

UPDATE.. After countless hours paying the ungodly AGFA service rate, we found that the gantry was out of square and causing the front limit switches to be triggered at different times.. No software will tell you what the actual problem is, not even the agfa techs have complete service manuals. What a joke... But hey.. its printing.