• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Agfa Anapurna MW White Ink

Mike Pickett

Wondering if anyone can provide some insight on this issue. It seems that no matter what I do I have to spend 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes every morning getting the white ink heads flushed and cleaned before they'll print properly. I have to flush them with cleaning solution multiple times in order to get them to print... any advice on what I can do to prevent this or is it just time to replace the heads? I don't have the same issues with the colour heads.

The machine is roughly 10 or 11 years old.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Do you have any kind of recirculation pumps between the reservoirs and printheads as well as from the reservoir to the tank? Have they stopped working? White ink is notorious for coagulating if not kept in motion.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Older units...Vutek...AGFA...etc. all had (and still have) recirculating pumps. Ours is air driven on our newest unit.

Madams

White ink needs to be constantly moved around as it starts to clump up fast. Depending on how many fires are on your head probably needs to be replaced. I've gone replaced both of mine in 2 years. Now i print white everyday regardless if i have a job on not to kept the ink circulated

signage

White ink need to be agitated to keep the titanium Oxide suspended and not settled (together/bunched and hard to reseparate)!

Ben Bramwell

We have an AGFA Anapurna Mw, as the guys say, good heads and keep the ink moving, we always run a test print in warming machine up, and we'll always run white or double white behind, just to keep stirring the pot so to speak.
White ink is cheaper than heads is what I say...

Andy D

It's been awhile since I ran an Anapurna, seems like I would flush the white heads before I left at night...

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
With the series 4 ink on our anapurna we don't have to. The ink is moved thru the system some and stirred in the main tank. We can come in, warmup the printer...give the heads a quick wipe and jet test.....off and running on that. Minolta 1024 heads are pretty damn reliable.