• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa Grand Sherpa Universal

PURVEYOR

Okay... first post (covering face and head with both arms)
Yes I am very new to this and I anticipate the "newbie" replies I will get. With that said... I have been researching and searching for the printer I plan to purchase to get my feet wet in the wide format printer arena.

I want to start with a modest investment and see how it goes.

Today I stumbled upon a used Agfa Grand Sherpa Universal 64" printer and it seems to fit my criteria perfectly.... my only reservation is that I've never heard of this printer until today. Apparently it's a eco-sol printer utilizing what they call "fourth generation" solvent ink!?

That's why I'm making this post... I know there is a serious amount of wisdom on this board... I was hoping to get some feedback on this machine. From what I've been able to dig up tonight.. the Agfa Grand Shirpa Universal is a re-brand of the mutoh falcon II Outdoor printer, is this correct?

and if so, is this a good starting point for entering into wide format printing?