• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa m series ink gen 5 or gen 4? Anapurna

Andy D

We're in the process of switching our Anapurna 2500i printer from generation 1 inks, to a newer, more flexible Agfa ink.

We're trying to decide between Generation 4 or Generation 5.
Has anyone made this switch or have experience with either inks.

Thanks,
Andy

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A few months ago, I heard about the 5 ink coming out. I called Pitman and they said they knew nothing about it. Said it wasn't true. Everywhere else, it was happening. Someone on here said they had been trying it. Don't remember who, I lost track, but would like to follow up on it.

Andy D

It's out.
From what I understand, the G4 is more flexible than the G5 but has a smaller color gamut,
My main concern is adhesion to substrates.

Andy D

A few months ago, I heard about the 5 ink coming out. I called Pitman and they said they knew nothing about it. Said it wasn't true. Everywhere else, it was happening. Someone on here said they had been trying it. Don't remember who, I lost track, but would like to follow up on it.

What printer do you have? I have a Anapurna 2500i .

ChrisN

We had asked our reps about running G5 inks in our M4f. First, they said it might work; but then when they checked into it a bit further, they found out that it would not actually work. If I remember correctly, it was because the print heads did not have an integrated heater. So if your Dilli has KM512 heads without heaters like our M4f, you might be out of luck.

KaranGrewal

We got test prints from AGFA for both ink types. yes G4 has smaller gamut . as far adhesion both stick well to diabond .. and improved adhesion on coroplast as well.
Afga also did samples for us with primer on diabond .. and with that adhesion was 100 %.