• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Agfa M2

WB

It was dropped off Monday morning. Crate dimension were bigger then they were supposed to be and it wouldn't through the doors from our loading dock into our shop so we had to un-crate the printer turn the palette so the printer could be lifted off and then haul it in. We needed 2 transformers for the power to the printer, Couldn't get a hold of the electrician the day it arrived so he could wire it up. Turns out the order for the transformers was "misplaced" and wasn't received by the manufacturer, so we have a printer just no power. We finally found a couple temporary transformers so we could get moving on the printer setup. Today we fire up the printer guess what it needs 4 new heads!

Awsome!

Letterbox Mike

Wow. Another shop here in our area that we work with on some projects just got an M2 also and they had a nightmare of a time getting it running. Apparently it's still not up to spec after about 3 months, they are only able to print on about half of what they were told they could. Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope things smooth out quickly.

WB

Well it's been almost 10 days and my training ended yesterday. The tech is coming back on Tuesday to replace the drive belt and another print head (only 2 nozzles out of 1024 were clogged) and a few more parts.. My hat goes off to the service we're getting. Agfa is not trying to stick us with bad or close enough equipment, Everything that is even in question is replaced and if they're are newer updated parts available they have been ordered an will be replaced even if the part in use if working fine.

So far I've put through 1 TS booth about 20 or so 4'x8' and various other things. I've printed on everything I could get my hands on including ceiling tile and floor tiles. I like the way the printer works although the roll-to-roll could use some work and it's quite evident that it's an after thought.

our AXYZ table is coming on the 15th.. yet more learn curves ahead!

Cheers

Bill