• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AGL 6400 Nip roller replacement

bofferdahl

We will be replacing the upper nip roller on out AGL. We were planning to do this in house. Have any of you had experiencing replacing a roller/have tips/tricks to make the removal and install easier?

AF

No experience with that repair, but I have considered that it would be easy to make an A frame out of 2x4s and mount a couple of pulleys to lift the old/new rollers and then just roll the machine in/out of position. Thinking in terms of doing it as a 1- man operation. Assuming you can lift the roller out veritically with minimal lateral gymnastics. A forklift would make it even easier.

Aaron Hale

We will be replacing the upper nip roller on out AGL. We were planning to do this in house. Have any of you had experiencing replacing a roller/have tips/tricks to make the removal and install easier?
I came across your post searching for information on replacing or resurfacing the rollers on an AGL I recently bought used. Would you mind sharing what you ended up doing? Did you remove them yourself and send them in to AGL? Or did you have a local machine shop resurface them?

johnnysigns

Take great care when you pull the roller out and take lots of pictures/video of the process. I bought a used AGL laminator after it had the rollers refurbished and it's got some slop in the top roller now which will skew long mounting runs. We've done everything we could to remediate that, but I believe it was reassembled poorly and it's missing some shims that would allow us 100% straight alignment. Honestly the folks at AGL are very helpful and may have a PDF they can send with some instruction on removing the roller yourself.