• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ahhh! Can anyone help me with my lynx (pressure adjustment not working) NO PRESSURE

inkyts

I have a two month old Lynx 24 inch cutter. For some reason it will no longer cut into any matterial. If this has happened to you also please let me know the fix. Yes, I did call sign warehouse, I don't have the time to wait for them to call back (if ever). Maybe they monitor this forum????

Anyway any help would be most useful. Thanks TOM

Barry

inkyts said:
I have a two month old Lynx 24 inch cutter. For some reason it will no longer cut into any matterial. If this has happened to you also please let me know the fix. Yes, I did call sign warehouse, I don't have the time to wait for them to call back (if ever). Maybe they monitor this forum????

Check and make sure your blade debth is set correctly. Ive had it happen before where the blade was not sticking out far enough.

smullen

inkyts said:

I have a 24" Lynx too and for about the same amount of time...

It mostly works good, except if I cut something really small or a few tracking issues if I try to cut too wide....

So the Blade still moves around like its supposed too and you can see the Blade dropping in spots where its supposed to cut???

Is it even scoring a line on the Vinyl or what?

There are two different adjustments on on these, there is one on the right side thats a pressure setting and then you turn the blade holder to adjust it up or down...

Hope that helps a bit...

inkyts

Update They finally sent me a new part to fix it. What a pain. Took two weeks for them to finally return my calls and longer to get the parts. FYI under warranty and I had to pay for the parts. They did get around to crediting my credit card. Carpy service. I switched from a roland for this piece of crap. Learn from my mistake and do not buy one of these.

jimdes

Used to be good service but I think they've taken a beating against Ameriban and a few others. My Lynx is 3+ years old now and still works like the day I got it, the only exception is that the software dongle crapped out on me so now i cut directly from Corel.

smullen

jimdes said:
Used to be good service but I think they've taken a beating against Ameriban and a few others. My Lynx is 3+ years old now and still works like the day I got it, the only exception is that the software dongle crapped out on me so now i cut directly from Corel.

How wide is your cutter? How wide can you actually cut???

This thing kinda annoys me on bigger jobs... Its supposed to be a 24", but I have to move the tracking wheels in like 2" on each side, so I really only get a 19-20" Max cutting area...

Also, if I cut anywhere near its max cutting area, the Error LED starts flashing...

I was told that you could upgrade the memory on this, but I don't know where it would go and if it would even help....

I so want a Bigger better Cutter.... I wished I would have researched and have read more here 1st as I bought the thing just a short while after signing up here...

Barry

smullen said:
How wide is your cutter? How wide can you actually cut???

This thing kinda annoys me on bigger jobs... Its supposed to be a 24", but I have to move the tracking wheels in like 2" on each side, so I really only get a 19-20" Max cutting area...

Also, if I cut anywhere near its max cutting area, the Error LED starts flashing...

I was told that you could upgrade the memory on this, but I don't know where it would go and if it would even help....

I so want a Bigger better Cutter.... I wished I would have researched and have read more here 1st as I bought the thing just a short while after signing up here...
Try getting something from Summa or Graphtec... These are probably the 2 best cutter brands on the market.

Imakesigns

Sounds like you got a bad unit. Ive had one for about a year and never have any problems. The tracking only needs to be adjusted in about 1/4" if that far as soon as you learn how to line up the vinyl. Keep working with it, I think you will like it.

Barry

Imakesigns said:
Sounds like you got a bad unit. Ive had one for about a year and never have any problems. The tracking only needs to be adjusted in about 1/4" if that far as soon as you learn how to line up the vinyl. Keep working with it, I think you will like it.
I had a lynx and I could never get that thing to track right over 3-4 feet... Small decals where fine, but if I tried to cut racing stripes I would have to do it 3-4 times to get it right. Now thats a lot of wasted vinyl.

I sold my lynx and picked up a Summa D60. Man this thing can track and with almost no effort setting up the vinyl. Also the decals weed MUCH better when cut with a GOOD cutter. I can rip weed just about anything now. Vinyls that I thought were difficult to weed are now a breeze. Its well worth the extra few hundred dollars to upgrade to a good cutter, time savings alone will pay that off in just a few days if you cut a lot of vinyl.

Colin

Tracking: I was always sceptical about friction feed plotters having only used sprocket feed, then I got my Summa D750 about 4 years ago and was quite surprised that with the use of the roller guides (which you insert into each end of your roll of vinyl) I was able to cut an entire 50 yd roll of vinyl, which I actually did on one big job. The roller guides kept it in place perfectly. Without the use of the guides, you do need to get it lined up just so, otherwise it will wander off eventually (proportionately to how well it's lined up) - mind you I place the pinch rollers an eighth of an inch from the edge of the vinyl. I would imagine that graphtec also uses such a guide system.

I do wish though that all plotters were sprocket feed types. They are so perfect and I'm not sure why the industry didn't go that way as a standard.

jimdes

Colin said:
I do wish though that all plotters were sprocket feed types. They are so perfect and I'm not sure why the industry didn't go that way as a standard.

Material costs less when you eliminate the step of punching holes in the edges and material companies don't have to pay licensing fees to punch holes in a pattern that is proprietary.