• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.ai importing to flexi

ackerman139

hey guys, quick question...

When importing fullsize .ai files into flexi, I always seem to loose some artwork. Ex: I import a full side panel for a rev xp snowmobile, and some design, shapes, and texts are lost and not imported (but they are there when i open it in illustrator).

Has anyone had this happen, or know what i can do? Thank you!

Marie

You may want to convert your fonts to outlines and outline all your strokes (object/path/outline strokes) and then save as eps. - Good Luck

jenhuedepohl

Had this happen to me just this week. I quit Flexi & and all was fine when I started it back up. Maybe a Flexi memory glitch?

pindesign

Just to be sure, are you certain that you are not using transparency effects on objects set to overprint in the .ai file?

Becuase this will cause a faulty export from illy (art drops out)

Gareth.

jc1cell

I usually save all Illy cs2 or cs3 files as .eps version 10 when I want to take it to Flexi. Once in there I have to unmask it in order to access individual items of the design.

Depending on your version of Flexi you may have to go to an even earlier version.

jc

Cy Fan

I have this problem when I have artwork outside the artboard in Illy. simple fix, either make the artbord bigger to include everything or once you open it in flexi it automatically creats a mask where the artboard was in Illy. just select all, ungroup, then arrange>mask>unmask and that should release the clipping mask and you artwork outside the artboard will be there. Also there will be a black box where the artboard was just de-select everything and click on the black box and delete.

ackerman139

alright, awesome guys. The last post sounds like it may solve it. At first, i thought it was a computer issue, or flexi issue. But, i will try these when i get into the office today. Thanks again!!!

ackerman139

Thanks for the help guys! CY Fan was right, it was my artboard. I am not used to that since i usually use photoshop about 100% of the time. But im lovin illustrator now that it works, really cuts down on rip time, and quality.