• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AI Not Showing Correct Colors

This just started. I get a color reference code from icolorpallette of say bright lime green #65fe08, rgb(101,254,8), Hex : #65fe08 from the web site. The color looks correct in the web browser, I input the color code into AI and it looks grey on the screen.

Any ideas on why this would happen

Attachments

• AI Lime Green.png
    AI Lime Green.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Bright-Lime-Green-information-Hsl-Rgb-Pantone.png
    Bright-Lime-Green-information-Hsl-Rgb-Pantone.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 82

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
First thing I can think of is go into your Color Window (where it shows CMYK sliders). Go to the 3 lines and make sure you are in CMYK mode and not grayscale mode. Also the tab of the page you are on should say CMYK/Preview.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
First thing I can think of is go into your Color Window (where it shows CMYK sliders). Go to the 3 lines and make sure you are in CMYK mode and not grayscale mode. Also the tab of the page you are on should say CMYK/Preview.
yep, I'd check this first. It looks like it's in grayscale. Either the object or the document - likely the object. Check them both - I'd bet one of them is set to grayscale.

Jen Hess was correct, I had the document in CMYK and not RGB. Thanks for the help everyone..

I made sure to put what the fix was because I hate it when they don't post what actually fixed the problem like most do.