• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AI problems in Omega 5

BradC

We recently upgraded from Omega 3 to 5. Now that we have upgraded, whenever I open or import an AI file, the file will not print to our Edge printer. We are getting a GQMgr error stating, "Incorrect funtion. (1) File gq_pftp.cpp Line 1053 Try Again?"

If I select yes, I get the same error. The GQMgr process has to be closed through Task Manager or the computer has to be rebooted to be able to print anything after this message has occured.

The Import screen gives us a "Filter Generated Errors" message in the lower left corner before the file opens in Omega. We have tried every concievable means of opening these files. Our original files were created in AI CS4. I have tested saving files back to CS1, without success. I have also tried saving these files to other formats and the same error occurs. Files created in Omega are printing correctly.

This is not only happening with old files. I have tested using new files I have created in AI. The files we are using were working properly before the upgrade. The system is running Windows XP SP3 with 2 gb of memory and a Pentium Core 2 Duo processor.

The Omega 3 installion is still on the system and is now suffering from the same problem, leading me to believe there is something wrong is a shared resource.

Can anyone provide me with some guidance? Thanks in advance.

BradC

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The latest version of Omega is 5.0.0.66. Open Composer and click the Help menu and then click About Composer to check what version you are running. If it is not 5.0.0.66, click the Help menu and then click Check for Updates. Your computer must be connected to the internet.