• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air stuck in my Ink Lines??

HulkSmash

I have an HP 9000 and we took it apart. IT looks like there's air pockets stuck inside the lines not allowing the ink to come through smoothly. What causes this.. and how can i fix this? Is there a way to prime the lines?
Thanks in advanced for the help.

MikePro

happens when you break the vacuum/siphon of the ink... air sneaks into the lines.
get a large syringe from walgreens ($1) and draw ink through the lines manually, usually from the bottom of the damper as its easier to quickly reconnect to the printhead before air pulls back into the lines.

HulkSmash

happens when you break the vacuum/siphon of the ink... air sneaks into the lines.
get a large syringe from walgreens ($1) and draw ink through the lines manually, usually from the bottom of the damper as its easier to quickly reconnect to the printhead before air pulls back into the lines.

Thanks Mike i was about to do that, when my tech told me that the ink could actually have air in it. so we replaced the cartage did a fill, and it looks like its working.