• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aircraft Marking and Registration font?

technowolf

hi
i got some cessna to mark

anyone knows if there is Aircraft Marking and Registration fonts?

these things are picky

f) the width of each letter in the marks displayed on an aircraft, other than the letters "I", "M" and "W", shall be two thirds of the letter's height;
(g) the width of the letter "I" in the marks displayed on an aircraft shall be one sixth of the letter's height;
(h) the width of the letter "M" or "W" in the marks displayed on an aircraft shall not exceed the letter's height;
(i) the length of a hyphen in the marks displayed on an aircraft shall be two thirds of the height of any letter in the marks;
(j) the thickness of the lines of a letter or hyphen in the marks displayed on an aircraft shall be one sixth of the height of any letter in the marks;
(k) the letters in the marks displayed on an aircraft shall be displayed adjacent to each other in a series;
(l) adjacent letters in the marks displayed on an aircraft shall be separated by a space that is not less than one quarter of the width of the letter "C" in the marks;
(m) a letter in the marks displayed on an aircraft that is adjacent to a hyphen shall be separated from the hyphen by a space that is not less than one quarter of the width of the letter "C" in the marks;

:wine-smi:

S

Sign-Man Signs

We do aircraft all the time since we are located next to a airport.
FAA requires, unless it's experimental aircraft, all fonts must be a minimum of 2inch width and no less than 2 inches apart. That's it. Don't over kill it. They are very picky about the 12 inch tall rule. We use helvetica bold. If you shadow or slant the number, the main number still has to be 12 inches tall with a 2inch space between numbers and letters. If you slant use a 15 degree on one side and then a -15 degree on the other. Have any problems email me and I'll get you through it.
Oh yea, experimental aircraft must be a minimum of 3 inches tall.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 204
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator: