• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alien Skin

I am running Alien Skin in Flexi using the method that was suggested on here of installing it in Photoshop and then running it as a Photoshop plugin through Flexi. Everything works great except for effects that are outside of the selection. For example... if I try to use the extrude effect it will not show up in Flexi, but if I use the bevel effect that is inside the lettering it will... any ideas?

I tried all different size margins, between 2-3" it will show odd little bits and pieces of the extrude depending on the zoom level, but it still does not work like it should.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Flexi doesn't handle transparencies with sufficient skill and grace such that Alien Skin will recognize them. If you endlessly diddle around with masks and other stuff, you can sometimes get it to work but, for the most part, Alien Skin sees most every bitmap from Flexi, transparent or not, as a big rectangle. It's far easier to do the kind of work requiring the services of Alien Skin in Adobe or Corel and either import the result into Flexi or straight into Production Manager. Depending.