• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

alternatives to PC-12

rhodek01

Hi All,

I am very new to this industry/technology. I am trying to set up a printer/cutter setup in a very small space. The max I have to fit the machine is about 31" in width. The only thing that I have been able to find that comes close is the pc-12 which of course is no longer being made, so I have to buy used. Is there anything else out there that will do cutting and printing on vinyl of this size?

The other option for me is to cut the vinyl at home into blank templates, and then print at my store - so then I would need a printer only that is small - I would buy a seperate larger cutter. But, does such a small - thermal vinyl printer exist? We were thinking about an ALPS printer, but those are discontinued as well.

Any help that anybody can offer would be great.

The application I am using this for is to print custom decals for cell phones.

toonsign

PC12 alternative

Hello,

I have a PC12 and love it. Don't use it much but the quality is really great.

Yes, they no longer make the PC12's anymore...guess there's more $$ making the larger printer/cutters.

The few that can be found, in really great shape have been selling for about $2500-3000 without any supplies. Unfortunately, some that have been really worked hard fetch a rather unrealistic price. As an owner of a PC-12, I don't ever think I would part with mine.

Occupies a small space, prints great and cuts perfect - probably why they are hard to find.

It may be worth considering farming the work out to those who do have the equipment to print/cut what you need.

Hope this helps.

Fred

ChiknNutz

If you want a small, high-quality unit, then you really should be looking at a Gerber Edge and matching cutter.