• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Alternatives to Rasterlink Software

prngraphics

Hi! I have a Mimaki CJV30-160 that is about 2.5 years old. My PC it is attached to crashed, and it's now on Windows 10 and I have upgraded to Rasterlink 6 from the 5 that came with it since 5 would not run on Windows 10. The problem with the upgrade is that there are no profiles for my setup/machine. I am running 2xCMYK Eco-Solvent ink.

I am a little perturbed that after getting my host machine back up and running that I can't really use the printing portion of the machine and it is basically a super expensive vinyl cutter at the moment. I would like to get back to print/cut stickers and the like, and was wondering if third-party software would cure my problem?

I have talked to someone at Shiraz software about their Signature software, and according to them I can use that in conjunction with Mimaki's FineCut, but I am unsure of how that currently integrates. I have also contacted two different resellers of Onyx software to figure out if this would solve my problem, and no one has returned my call. I don't even know what Onyx product would be right for what I want to do or the pricing. Can anyone help me there?

Are there other alternatives I should look at other than these two? I would love to use machine this to its full capabilities!

Thanks for your time and help!

tdupster

I'm curently using an HP with windows 10 and Rasterlink 6 and works fine for my CJV150-160. Is it that you can't get a compatible driver?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

prngraphics

Yes. That is the issue. I have it installed and it runs, but there are no drivers/profiles. I have exactly one and it looks like crap.