• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminium 3D sign glued or welded?

mf11

We do glued with structural glues that allows movement, Is there a welder for aluminum sign?

Rocco G

Depending on the sign, you can use an industrial adhesive. We use Lords 406/19 but the distributor should point you in the right direction for your needs. However if you are looking for a very cheap fix, this isn't it. The last time I bought the applicator (a caulking gun won't work) it was ~$150 and the tubes are about $50 each plus mixing tubes. You WILL need extra mixing tubes because it hardens in the tube in a short time. I've known people to put together Signcomp electrical boxes with just this adhesive but I don't recommend it. Plus you need to prep the aluminum to get the mill coating off so the adhesive will bond properly.

A MIG welder is really great for aluminum. If you are just starting out, taking it to a welding shop might be best. A welding setup (with machine and spool gun) will probably start at $2500.00 - ignoring things from harbor freight which are IMHO junk. A good one is more like $4000+. IIRC I spent $3500 on my setup about 12-13 years ago.

mf11

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! I HAVE SEEN THIS TYPE OF WELDERS HAVE YOU USE THEM?