• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum or Steel Sign Blanks

old racer

Who offers the best wholesale pricing for aluminum or steel sign blanks. We have 12-15 signs to make which will be placed in rock quarries. These signs will range in size from 12"x24" to 18"x24", and will have single layer vinyl graphics applied to them. Any suggestions certainly appreciated.

jscarl

What will the substrate be made of.?? The steel would rust and bleed onto it. Alum would be better if you can cover the extra cost.

Mosh

Oh, Aluminum. We do signs for rock quarries in the "limestone capitol of the world" Weeping Water, Nebraska. Aluminum. You might ask, but we do alot of them in reflective cause they run alot of night shifts.

petrosgraphics

not sure on the thickness of the material you will want to use..

.063 would be nice... grimco is fine, you can order a 4x8 sheet
have them cut to size, you must have a customer, plumber, sheetmetal
guy that could cut them for you...you would save a bit on material cost..

Pat Whatley

I'd personally use .080 aluminum and in the quantity you're looking for I'd call whatever supplier was delivering next. I could shop that through all three of my aluminum suppliers and the prices for the whole lot would be less than $5 apart....just not enough to worry about.

The Fiberbrite panels Mr. Chips mentioned are AWESOME as well. They actually take more of a beating than aluminum or steel will and letter beautifully.