• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Am I saving the file incorrectly?

Team Valhalla

I'm having an issue opening up an EPS file after saving it.

I'm using CorelDRAW X4. I'm doing a graphic for a yard sign. When finished it's 24" X 18". The file size is 28 MB.

When saving the file, I'm exporting it as an EPS file. When I try and reopen it with Corel, it says there was an error while processing, file can't be opened.

While it won't open with Corel, I can open it with Versaworks and send it to the printer.

I'm lost!

Sp

J Hill Designs

you should always save a .cdr for reworking, and export to eps as needed for output...btw you can turn off tiff preview in the eps export dialogue box, and get that filesize down from 28mb to like 300kb if it's all vector...

Team Valhalla

d fleming,

I've tried it both ways now. When using the Open command, a text box pops up "Import PS/PRN". Click Ok and still get the Can't Open File statement.

Sp

Team Valhalla

jhilldesigns,

I saved the file the way you suggested.... bingo! So if I have a file that I want to print over and over, but let's say change a name on the board, I should save the original as a .cdr, then save the file with the desired name change as the EPS file so it will pull into Versaworks. Correct?

Thanks for the help! My head often hurts trying to remember all the different features and things that need to happen in this software!

Sp