• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

amaya xt

anyone have or had one of these machines? any good or bad points? were looking at maybe getting into this market and we have someone we know who is going to be selling theres in the near future as they are changing there business. comes with aesign shop or design shop,....sorry can't read my wifes writing!

Boomer

We have an amaya,it is a very good machine.Made in USA. You need design shop and amaya OS with dongles to run it. There are different versions of design shop that allow you to do more with the software.The learning curve is more so than learning digital printing. It would be worth getting training on it.Find a local tech also. Embroidery machines only recognize digitized files and digitizing is an art in itself.There are stock files that can be embroidered but if someone wants a custom design that is where digitizing comes in.We will be adding another machine within the next year. Let us know if we can answer anything specific.Hope this helps.

thanks for the info boomer, appreciate it. i've looked online at what digitizing involves etc and as you say looks to be a learning curve with it. do you know what sort of price a good used one of these would or should be going for? the person hasn;t told us a price as yet so want to know a ball park figure as to what we should be looking at.

binki

we looked at it but opted for an SWF because the service was local and melco was not. otherwise there was no difference for us.

Boomer

Prices vary alot.Go to www.amayausers.com it has a market place with machines for sale and www.digitsmith.com and do a search for amaya. The software and operating system is an important part but also how many hoops,size and does it come with the cap frame? Do they have other supplies like backing,extra thread,bobbins, different needles for different fabric,different needles for different thread type(metallic mainly).Not trying to discourage you at all,but there is alot to doing enbroidery. Good Luck with your decision. If you need more help PM me and we can exchange numbers,sometimes it is easier to talk on phone.

thanks boomer, great advice and appreciate your offer for a chat. need to see whats the "package" will include and what price they want. i'll checkout those other sites and see what the "average" price should be.
thanks