• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Amazon, UPS, FedEx

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
So many free deliveries available.

Crazy, they came to my house like 5 times today.

The ring doorbell is getting a work out…
But it is Christmas Season.

Amazon just delivered a box of finger tip bandaids for free with free returns by itself.

Ordered a 10in HDMI cable for $6 with free returns delivered by itself.

My daughters buy stuff all the time and return what they don’t like…

I just bought a 55in Smart
IMG_9244.jpeg
H/D TV for the shop off Amazon for $249.

Amazon said if I apply for an Amazon Visa Card They credited me $200 so It ended up being $50. And took 5 seconds.

I’ll cancel the card next month.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't see how Amazon is sustainable the way they run their deliveries. I suppose you can run a disorganized money sucking venture when you have an infinite amount of investors money to lose and a massively inflated stock valuation. Walmart is sitting on the sidelines waiting for amazon to drain themselves and be forced to either not have quick delivery or raise their prices to where they are not an attractive option to buy from anymore. Walmart can do it profitably because each of their stores is a warehouse in itself so the logistics are more in their favor.

JBurton

Signtologist
I’ll cancel the card next month.
That card is actually pretty nice if it's through Chase. I get 5 cents on the dollar in rewards, and pay it off monthly.
But aside from that, don't cancel cards after a month unless there is a fee. You get points for having a larger credit line, account lifespan, and on time payments. Closing a short lived account will hurt.
not have quick delivery
Have you eyed amazon's delivery eta's this week? Everything was a week out for me...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
That card is actually pretty nice if it's through Chase. I get 5 cents on the dollar in rewards, and pay it off monthly.
But aside from that, don't cancel cards after a month unless there is a fee. You get points for having a larger credit line, account lifespan, and on time payments. Closing a short lived account will hurt.

Have you eyed amazon's delivery eta's this week? Everything was a week out for me...
They are trying to deliver stuff that I order for the shop at 9pm at night and call me. It's annoying. They are a total disaster. They have idiots running around in their personal cars delivering as side jobs, idiots in vans everywhere you look and still can't do the job that UPS and USPS did. I'm convinced that this in house delivery service abortion they created was to boost stock price. People get caught up in these pipe dream companies and when it seems like people might start to lose faith, they launch another money loser pipe dream to prop it up. That whole place is crap chinese versions of real products with fake and filtered reviews.

CanuckSigns

Over the last few years Amazon has turned into Ali express, most of the stuff on there is knock off Chinese crap, what do you mean you've never heard of Obeqgehht brand headphones? How about Reewurryb smart phones?

I remember hearing years ago that Amazon shopping actually lost money, Amazon's big money maker is AWS, or Amazon Web Services, which host over 40% of the internet.

There is a printing company here like 4over who has free local delivery, I can order 25 business cards for $6 and they will deliver them for free, at some point. They put it on the truck and if the guy who smells like skunk gets here before 5 we get it, if not it goes back on the truck so he can miss us again tomorrow, eventually they pay UPS to deliver it, still no charge to us, I have no idea how that business model is sustainable.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Most things they deliver here same day in a few hours. I just ordered a replacement tool this morning and it was delivered before I got back at 2pm. I think in Arkansas you guys don't have a big a warehouse as DFW

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Most things they deliver here same day in a few hours. I just ordered a tool this morning and it was delivered before I got back at 2pm. I think in Arkansas you guys don't have a big of warehouse as DFW

mfatty500

We work out of our garage, year round. We have an awesome UPS driver that knows in inclement weather to just come in the side garage door, or if the door is up. We also had a very good Amazon driver how would do the same, but he's been MIA for about a year and a half. his replacements see me working iint he garage and still try to deliver to front door, bugs the shit out me, and tell them the same but we get different drivers about everyday now. The good ones get a nice tip at Christmas time. Our first UPS driver was on our route for a bout 25 years before he moved in to the warehouse.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don’t think so…

Clothes get sold to Marshalls or TJ Max or given to homeless shelters.

Everyone sells open box items for electronics.

JBurton

Signtologist
We have bargain stores that buy pallets of returns from amazon, they don't really look at anything, they just put it on the shelf. Every day the price drops a bit, going from like $20 down to $5, anything not sold is probably binned. Folks are bad to raid the place, post the sh*t on fb marketplace for twice the price, then once it's sold they'll buy it and deliver it and keep the difference. They don't realize they are just a different degree of door dashing...

Stacey K

I like making signs
You can buy pallets of stuff from Amazon. Fast forward though a lot of it but interesting if you live by a distribution center.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
We must be finally catching up to the rest of the world. Amazon building a distro ctr a few miles from the shop, they're so anxious to get it operating that as soon as some of the land is prepped they said they'll be setting up massive tents to operate out of till the building is constructed. That ought to work well in Wisconsin, in the winter :oops: