• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

An article I just read.

WildWestDesigns

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/2...gn-causes-stir-san-francisco/?test=latestnews#
The obesity bit gets me. If thats the case then why don't the pull all the MacD's, Burger King, Kfc billboards etc.

That won't do it.

You have a few people that have the genetics to be big, some are eating for comfort for a mental issue(depression etc) but you have the vast majority of people that don't put in the work(as in working out at the very least) to use what calories they are intaking. Speaking as a person that was very big, although my height did help hide quite a bit of it, it was working out that finally got me down to almost where I was in HS, maybe just 10 lbs heavier, but still within the normal average of someone my size. I eat whatever I want to eat(although that still might kill me, just not due to making me overweight).

Removing fast food chains isn't going to solve the issue. People have to put in the effort to help themselves. Certainly removing the billboards isn't going to help either.

They are always looking for that easy way.

Si Allen

Ah yes! Good old San Francisco area!

Home of every kind of mental freaks.

They lay awake nights worried that they won't have something to protest tomorrow!

:omg2:

WildWestDesigns

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Sugar-Makes-You-Fat&id=205846 It does promote obesity. We are the most obese country in the world and would probably agree.

I would agree that as a whole we are a very obese country and I live in a geographic region that has more obese people then most of the other regions.

However, people themselves have to take some responsibility. I have probably one of the worse diets out there(my diet hasn't changed from when I was fat to when I lost the weight), and exercise had helped get and keep the fat off. Whatever you do, you have to make sure that your output(work) is atleast equal to your input(eating) if not more. When you are trying to lose weight. If you are trying to maintain status quo, then I think the role of them is half of your daily caloric intake. For instance, if your daily diet is 2k calories then try to burn off 1k or something like that to maintain your weight. Your body will need some calories just to handle daily body movement and functions.

Everything in moderation also helps. Those are factors that are within the control of the individual. There are a lot of ways that people can control what they eat and how much or prepare to sweat it off if they do want to eat what they want to it.

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
However, people themselves have to take some responsibility.

Responsibility? People? Not anymore. McDonalds made me fat, Smoking gave me cancer, Budweiser made me an achoholic, I slipped on your parking lot so you have to pay me! It is never the persons fault it is always someone else's.

Wasn't it about 2 years ago where the guy picked up a pushmower to trim his hedges, cut off some fingers and sued the mower company for not having a warning label not to do that? AND WON? That's why part of my ridiculous overhead goes to a 2 million dollar liability insurance. Insurance is the single largest cost factor for me. Car, health, liability, business ..... it goes on and on. :banghead: