• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anchor 116 sandblast mask not sticking

Sign Dimensions

I've used 116 for 30+ years. I just ordered two rolls, cut most of them and in the process of weeding noticed it wasn't very sticky. I could even pull it apart after I stuck the adhesive sides together. Anyone else having this issue or did I just get two bad rolls?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've used 116 for 30+ years. I just ordered two rolls, cut most of them and in the process of weeding noticed it wasn't very sticky. I could even pull it apart after I stuck the adhesive sides together. Anyone else having this issue or did I just get two bad rolls?

Just got two rolls in a few weeks ago, let me check.

Do you think there's a possibility they might have put Anchor 117 in the wrong box?

Who did you buy it from?

Typically, age doesn't make much of a difference so long as it hasn't been exposed to sunlight to get brittle. I have stuff in my scrap box that's approx. 10 years old and it's still very pliable with good adhesive.

JB

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I purchased mine from Miles Supply in Elberton, GA. They're replacing the bad roll.

JB