• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another attempt

GoodPeopleFlags

Last week, I posted a logo for critique and suggestions. I went back to the drawing board and came up with these. I've sent them to the customer to see what he thinks. I thought I would put them up and see what you guys thought. Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thanks!

Attachments

• Thrive2.jpg
    Thrive2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 65

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Middle one...on the right. The incline of the lettering leads your eye right up to the bling on that funky disco ball. I like it. Try one just like it but without the starburst to see how it looks.

Top left, the disco ball overpowers the text. On the bottom one, the disco ball and the text are trying to compete for the foreground. In both of these, the black text gets lost in the purple...a white outline in overlap areas might set if off better. But I still like the one mentioned above.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Quick tip: put them on individual files, or spread them apart to help you get a better visual. All three tight together like that makes it kinda tough to get the true flavor of each design...but my eye went directly to the middle one. After looking at it some more, you might want to consider reducing the size of the disco ball slightly. How does it look when rendered in B&W? (Most ad copy will be B&W)

GB2

Old Member
I agree that the most pleasing arrangment is the middle far right. I also think you should try it without that burst in the back that makes it look like a spike ball. That's a great disco ball and maybe it should just have some random highlights, like you have on the inside, be a little larger and coming outside of the ball in place of the burst.

GoodPeopleFlags

I just talked to the customer and he said he doesn't like the rays either - said it looked like eyelashes! Ha! He likes the bottom one. He also said he wants the ball bigger. Then he said he likes the block better than the script because it was hard to read. (Does that mean he wants me to change Thrive to the block font??? Have to ask him about that.) Then he wants to add a silhouette of a bride and groom dancing. Ugh... I'll take you guys' suggestions and then do it his way and see what he likes. :) Thank you!

GoodPeopleFlags

It's finally done! I thought I would show you guys what the final product ended up being. Feel free to critique but keep in mind that it's a done deal. :)

Attachments

• Thrive Entertainment Logo.jpg
    Thrive Entertainment Logo.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 52