• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another bite

CanuckSigns

nah, think of it as a new business opportunity, have you seen how much they charge for vinyl, the real money is selling 12" x 12" pieces of 3651 to soccer moms for $12 each

Locals Find!

I don't see this being anything more than a fad. Your not going to get someone to use this machine to produce any kind of volume. Like the previous poster said. Make money selling them the vinyl, but also add on the masking tape, the banner material, and blanks and your set.

This is no different than the yudu is to screenprinting. I haven't seen any shops closing down because someone is using a yudu to produce 500 company shirts.

This will just take away some of the little stuff you didn't want to do anyway.

Locals Find!

Right, but what I'm saying is that it is yet another small encroachment. No raindrop ever felt responsible for a flood.

The same thing was said about the iron on fad in the 70s and 80s. That iron ons were going to kill screenprinting, or home embroidery machines were going to kill embroidery shops. Well, I have seen both first hand and nothing changed. Yeah, we lost some loser clients. Well, they weren't worth the time anyway.

Quality work, Quality Artwork, and Knowledge will win every time.

Colin

The same thing was said about the iron on fad in the 70s and 80s. That iron ons were going to kill screenprinting, or home embroidery machines were going to kill embroidery shops.

Again, I'm not saying that it's going to "kill" anything, just a small encroachment.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i gave my wifes friend who owns one of those a few rolls of very old vinyl and a box of scrapes and she flipped.

" you know how much they charge for this?"

westpointsigns

I welcome the Cricut with open arms, because the soccer moms come to me for the vinyl too. But I don't stock 631 and I explain the difference to them but they don't care.
Not to mention the blades fit ROLAND holders, they are super cheap in comparison and last just as long as any other blade for me.

Rooster

If they're selling the media @ $12 a square foot then I welcome this addition to the industry. It's pretty easy to compete with somebody who's getting rooked on supplies. The more people out there trying to sell over priced cut vinyl the better. It only keeps my customers happy when they get a quote from somebody like that and I knock the bottom out of it. Not knowingly of course. I would never leave money on the table like that.

B-RAD Graphics

:ROFLMAO:..i was up late about 4 months ago..and was channel surfing and came across the infomercial and I was pissed..but then I really thought about it and realized the people that are going to buy that are the exact people I dont want to do work for..there the people that want something for nothing..

But at any rate its funny as heck all the thing they say you can do with that HUNK OF JUNK!!!:Big Laugh

I m sure someone out there probally bought one and claiming there they are a sign shop now!!!:ROFLMAO: