• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Mimaki color thread, cjv150 CYMKOrLkSiWh

neoguri

So- I tried the 2 color matching setup and found something interesting, with color matching off, the light colors are bang on, but the red is red orange, and the darker shades of colors are essentially all nearly black with a 2-5% difference between each one.

Color matching off looks the best for all the light colors and blends of colors, but the red is junk and the dark colors anything with 80% black is difficult to distinguish without an extreme amount of sunlight.

Default turns all light colors to weird shades that doesnt remotely resemble the screen but all the 80% black colors looks great, and the red is nearly acceptable. CYM is off as well.

The machine tells me Mimaki expanded color is outdates and will ruin my prints (didnt try printing, and couldnt find updates).

What am I looking at to get a better general range of colors? Using Avery mpi1000 series matte vinyl but I only have gloss profiles..... because mimaki.

I know these threads are beated to death, but what I really want to know is- does anyone have a good profile for these printers that they can share?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I know these threads are beated to death, but what I really want to know is- does anyone have a good profile for these printers that they can share?
Any "good" profile that worked for you would require your entire print workflow and machine be very much the same flow, machine, ink, and media combination as the provided profile's setup. The probability of those specifics being the same are very unlikely.

Look into verifying your workflow setting as far as file setup and input profile along with machine calibration and the RIP settings of its incoming and output profiles. Print the control image file using normal settings to quickly learn what might be wrong, visually.