• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another newbie.

blackbok

Well, I just found this little site on the internet and figured it could be a wealth of knowledge that I'd like to be a part of, so here I am.
I have been in the graphics world (to some extent or another) for about 4 years now. It's what i do at work, as well as a side thing at home. Even with 4 years, I feel pretty naive about the industry. I have worked only with the tools I have had, never really caring to expand my horizons. At work, we use a Graphtec FC1200-120 cutter (with flexi sign), and at home, a Roland Stika 12" (with sign mate). The Graphtec is old, and my company is telling me to research a new cutter. Like I said, I have worked in my little box for so long, I don't even know where to begin. But, I think this site might be a good start.
I am eager to learn as much as possible about not only vinyl and equiptment, but also large format printing...

Anyhow, I'm new, so please, be nice!

WVB

Welcome, btw why not stick with what you know at work a Graphtec FC series. They are incredible machines and they have an older one so nothing new to learn.

blackbok

TVG said:
Welcome, btw why not stick with what you know at work a Graphtec FC series. They are incredible machines and they have an older one so nothing new to learn.

Yeah, no real reason that I know of to switch brands. We honestly don't use many functions of the cutter other than stencil masks and stickers. Basic Avery A6 -A9. I just want to make sure whatever I get is going to plug right in with as little hassle as possible.

Thanks for all the welcomes :signs101: