• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another problem with overlapping on Gerber Omega with Edge 2

Will308decals

Hi, I have had this issue before where I’m getting a little outline on my blue when I’m overprinting blue on white. Can anyone help with this issue?

thank you

Attachments

• 236F5D82-B0FB-49D2-9C79-03E5AC8E120A.jpeg
    236F5D82-B0FB-49D2-9C79-03E5AC8E120A.jpeg
    989.3 KB · Views: 281

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Looks like an incorrect setting for overprinting the blue. Overprint/Overlap gives you three choices: None, Overlap and Overprint. If None is your choice then the blue will knock out the white taking a little extra around each shape. If it's Overlap, then the blue will print totally over the white which is ok in this scenario because there's no color shifting going to happen. If it was blue on yellow, for example, then the overprinted areas would shift towards green. If you are overprinting two colors that will color shift, then you will get better results using the Choke and Spread feature in Composer.

Finally, Overprint does exactly what Overlap does except that it also turns up the temperature on the printhead ...which may be beneficial with large overprint areas but will also result in the need for two print passes for the blue in any other instances of the blue that do not also have Overprint as the setting because a different printhead temperature would be needed for each pass effectively doubling your cost to print the blue.

Try selecting the blue shapes in Composer and enter Control + the F5 function key to turn on OverLap and see if it prints correctly.

Last edited:

Jburns

I agree with the above - also check your file - and make sure objects you want to print only are there. Some traces can leave objects hidden behind your print object ( ex white or clear)

Browner

Just looks like you forgot to set the blue to overprint/overlap. Make sure to move the blue shape to the front, and have the Print Order setup correct as well.