• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

another UJF & Rasterlink question.

Forty One

Is there a way to assign a spot colour in Ai (or other design program) that when imported into RL6, it will assign a specific coulour adjusted profile?

I.E. When I import artwork for braille, I need to assign the 'white' profile from illustrator a new colour profile.
I bring in a file, go to colour adjustment and change the colour values from "0" CMYK to "CMYKWW @ 100%" and remove the 'Apply Profile ink limit'.
Capture.JPG

I would like to have a spot that would automatically assign this rather than changing it manually as it saves a ton of time.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
This won't be much help but you can save parameters in RL. Not sure on colors. IIRC, there's a drop down on the initial page where you select your saved settings.

Ma_____

In RL Tool->ColorCollection, add a new Collection, add a new color (Spot:Ink) and name it eg "MyColorABC" and mark the new collection.
Create spot color "MyColorABC" in AI and color your design. When the image is inserted into RL, the color will be changed automatically.