• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anti-aliasing fix for Corel

Flame

Well, I have been having a nightmare of problem fixing a problem in Corel. When you export something as a JPEG, or a BMP or pretty much any raster image, you get a thin line around the bottom and left edge (in X3, older versions have all 4 edges). Which makes for a nightmare for using Corel to design webpages. Well, I have a simple fix that's not perfect, but helps.

Let's say you have a vector image you want to export for a web page. If you send as a jpeg with anti-aliasing marked, you get a 1pixel line around 2 of your edges. Pretty crummy looking. Now, if you leave anti-aliasing un-checked, what you get is a pretty cruddy looking image. NOW, if you export a bmp, you don't need anti-aliasing checked, it's already fine. So the solution is:

Export your vector creation as a jpeg (or whatever) and leave anti-aliasing marked. Then open a new page, bring in your jpeg and simply trim off those 2) 1 pixel lines. Then export as a jpeg again, this time with anti-aliasing un-checked, and replace it with your old jpeg file.

Voila, a raster image exported from Corel with no annoying lines. Just make sure to design with a little bleed so you can crop off those 1 pixel lines, but usually it's not an issue.

Hope that helps someone out there. :wink:

weaselboogie

I've brought them into photoshop and depending on the image, just clone or color to the edge.

Corel does have it's small glitches like this, but since the color managment is much better in X4, i prefer it over illustrator.

Bill43mx

Justin,
Thanks for pointing this out....I've been dealing with the same issue and I was beginning to wonder if it was just me not knowing how to export properly! I've been working around it similarly ot weasel, export from Corel, open in Paint Shop Pro, color offending picels, save from PSP, no more problem!

Bill