• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any differences between Graphtec FC-8000 vs FC-8600?

jimmmi

Hello anyone knows if there are any differences between Graphtec FC-8000 and FC8600?

Last edited:

TammieH

I would say the biggest difference is that the 8000 is not supported by Graphtech any longer

From Signwarehouse...
...We stock pinch roller wheels, and cutter protection strips for your FC 7000,8000, and 8600 models.
Please note. The FC 7000 and FC8000 series cutters are no longer supported by Graphtec America or covered by SIGNWarehouse Product support, so repair and troubleshooting services for those models are not available

ikarasu

The 8600 is also not supported. You can no longer buy extra pinch roller assemblies for them... Graphtec stopped making parts already.

8600 has a better arms system, it has Lan connection, it's smarter at reading marks...

For instance if you have 10 marks on each side. The 8600 will read all 10 marks on the right side then read all 10 on the left. The fc8000 will read right, left... Goto the next right mark.... Left, etc. If you do a lot of print and cuts the time wasted adds up.

Those are the two biggest differences. Tbh, if it's in your budget I'd get a 9000. We have all 3... The 8600 was bought a year before he 9000 and after using the 9000 the 8600 feels obsolete

jimmmi

The 8600 is also not supported. You can no longer buy extra pinch roller assemblies for them... Graphtec stopped making parts already.

8600 has a better arms system, it has Lan connection, it's smarter at reading marks...

For instance if you have 10 marks on each side. The 8600 will read all 10 marks on the right side then read all 10 on the left. The fc8000 will read right, left... Goto the next right mark.... Left, etc. If you do a lot of print and cuts the time wasted adds up.

Those are the two biggest differences. Tbh, if it's in your budget I'd get a 9000. We have all 3... The 8600 was bought a year before he 9000 and after using the 9000 the 8600 feels obsolete

Thanks you very much. I appreciate your answer. I know 9000 is the best with barcode reading but was looking for a used. And 8000 with 8600 look identical except the ARMS version which explained above, and couldn't find a difference. I am not so busy shop for now so i think one of them fits my needs. I have a Mimaki but i don't like it much. I think Graphtec is much better

ikarasu

I tried to buy a pinch wheel assembly for my 8600... and graphtec said they no longer make them. My machine is 1.5 years old, bought brand new. I'm a little miffed I cant get a pretty common part - it makes me worried about what will happen if the main board or something else dies in it.

The 8600 is a great machine - but just be aware you may not be able to get replacement parts if it breaks. You'd think pinch wheels would have been supported for a long time, but theyre not - I'm fortunate enough to not have had any other problems... but last thing I want is a $5000 paperweight because I cant get a part in. Hoping it isn't like that, but since the 8600 is no longer supported... it could turn into that any day if it hasnt already.

So if you can get an 8600 for cheap, go for it - If not.. it may be best to pay the premium on a 9000 knowing you can get replacement parts for it.

jimmmi

I tried to buy a pinch wheel assembly for my 8600... and graphtec said they no longer make them. My machine is 1.5 years old, bought brand new. I'm a little miffed I cant get a pretty common part - it makes me worried about what will happen if the main board or something else dies in it.

The 8600 is a great machine - but just be aware you may not be able to get replacement parts if it breaks. You'd think pinch wheels would have been supported for a long time, but theyre not - I'm fortunate enough to not have had any other problems... but last thing I want is a $5000 paperweight because I cant get a part in. Hoping it isn't like that, but since the 8600 is no longer supported... it could turn into that any day if it hasnt already.

So if you can get an 8600 for cheap, go for it - If not.. it may be best to pay the premium on a 9000 knowing you can get replacement parts for it.

Indeed very strange and unprofessional from them to not support even 8600. Its such a good machine. Until some months it was the latest model. You are right,makes me think twice.

Joe House

Graphtec still supports the 8600. We're a servicing dealer and can still get most parts for them. The only thing we haven't been able to get (and I haven't checked lately, they could be available now) is the pinch wheel assemblies. Pinch wheels themselves are still available as well as boards and motors, etc.

Good Luck

ikarasu

Graphtec still supports the 8600. We're a servicing dealer and can still get most parts for them. The only thing we haven't been able to get (and I haven't checked lately, they could be available now) is the pinch wheel assemblies. Pinch wheels themselves are still available as well as boards and motors, etc.

Good Luck

I was told the pinch wheel assemblies were out of stock and they would not be making more. I'm glad other parts are still available, but it's still pretty shitty you can't get the assemblies on such a new machine.

Joe House

But why is this happening from such big companies?

Supply chains are all a mess right now. Many assemblies require parts that originate in places that have had to close down due to Covid. Many factories that weren't closed were urged to change production to Covid response products, so normal production got pushed aside. Not to mention the economic hardship placed on many companies big and small that is forcing them to make choices as to where to place their money in order to survive. They try to anticipate which spare parts may be needed, but probably guess incorrectly on some parts.
I'm not sure that this is the reason for the pinch wheel assemblies not being available, as I think that started before Covid, but I think they consider those to be accessories rather than spare parts. They don't often break in my experience (except for a rash of them that broke early on from shipping with inadequate support during shipment). Again, this is my speculation. As I said, other parts, boards, motors, etc are still available to me from Graphtec.
Just a little inside info from a dealer's perspective.

ikarasu

You can streal the assemblies of the 130. But no .. The 9000 had a change and uses a new assembly. They said they don't plan on making anymore,.. So unless fit find a dealer with one you're out of luck. From what I hear they were order as needed as well, so no one has stock.

I have three dealers on the lookout for a broken one so I can salvage the assemblies.... Unfortunately they're built like tanks so I doubt I'll get one

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You can streal the assemblies of the 130. But no .. The 9000 had a change and uses a new assembly. They said they don't plan on making anymore,.. So unless fit find a dealer with one you're out of luck. From what I hear they were order as needed as well, so no one has stock.

I have three dealers on the lookout for a broken one so I can salvage the assemblies.... Unfortunately they're built like tanks so I doubt I'll get one
Time to make friends with someone who knows how to use a 3d printer.

jimmmi

Old comment, but I think designing all pieces is the most difficult part, not printing them

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
FYI: These pinch wheel assemblies are available on aliexpress, although they are expensive($200-$400ea). They sell them two ways, fully complete and ready to install or just the plastic assembly which you have to remove the brackets and springs from an old assembly. The ones I ordered from there worked flawlessly and appear identical to the OEM Graphtec version.