• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas for a "job" progression reader board

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Another attachment with more status described in the note field. Colors are normally not used in this manner for user interfaces and certainly not saturated color as shown except for important alerts, etc. Interfaces can quickly become known as angry fruit salad. Lots of color blind people anyway. Color was used here to entertain Trello fans.

This same layout and method has been used in manufacturing for decades with software or boards on a wall.

Attachments

• exampleJobBoardColorsDescribed.png
    exampleJobBoardColorsDescribed.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GB2

myront

CorelDRAW is best
An update. As of 1 July, 2020 we have gone completely to trello. We still have separate software for quotes, sales orders and invoicing though. Unbelievable how well trello works for us. The amount of savings on ink and paper will take time to see but I believe it will be tremendous. The sales staff can answer phone status questions a lot faster. We can track who is in/out. We use 5 boards.
1. Orders/Proofs/Completed (mainly viewed by sales and designers) - new, proof sent to client, needs revision, approved
2. Production (mainly viewed by production dept) - to weed, to apply, finishing, site install, vehicle install
3. Personnel(viewed by all) - names with appointments, in/out labels etc.
4. Print/Laminate/Plot (mainly viewed by the print technician) - combo 1, combo 2, rta, banner, paper, special
5. Materials (mainly viewed by accounting dept and production) - on-hand quantities updated daily by production dept

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
We use 5 boards.
There is a concept known as "lean" design which has been popularized over the recent decade. It could apply to just about anything, especially to workflow as far as a topic. It seems that 5 boards is a bit much for what could be a single board for a sign shop.

If one studies enough they might come to an "aha" moment when they learn the original method of Toyota's Kanban was very different than Trello's interpretation. The original was simply a "signal" used for inventory control. Trello has done job of confusing and complicating the method.

In the attached image from my earlier post, the original Kanban concept is utilized as it was intended. Kanban cards did not necessarily need to move originally and they don't need to move now. They only need to signal. Other fields in the row afford features not so accessible using Trello.

Resourceful persons might try posting the single table someplace like google and make it available to their team. While that works, know that a private database is a much better place to be.