• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas?

Rodi

New job, New Challenge.
I am an offset artist, and I have a challenge; a two sided sign where the daily interest rate is going to be put on each day. Was thinking aluminum sign, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

SignosaurusRex

Need more details. Size? Colors to be used? Height? Do you have a base layout? Why Aluminum? Can you use track letters/numbers or Magnetic?

Rodi

Going to be printed, I believe, Aluminum was suggested by a previous sales man. I could use any of your suggestions, probably track lettering sound better to me. Can you tell me the pros and cons?

Mosh

I love customers who think they can "just change the letering" everyday. My first thought is a LED message board or gemini pronto letters.
The gemini letters if done right would be fine. If not it will look like a gas station...

ova

Depending how cheap they want to go, we did a LOST TIME ACCIDENTS sign for a steel mill. Cut 4'x6" aluminum with random numbers on them to place on the main sign everyday. Used velcro to attach them to the main board.

That was seven years ago and the sign is still being used. The security guard changes the numbers every morning.

Dave

Rodi

I'm at scratch, The sign is going to be attached to a pole that has back lit signs above it.

I'm at a loss.

What else should I be thinking (this is not my strong suite).

Bigdawg

Just Me
How high up on a pole? Can they physically change the numbers or does it need to be some sort of LED display that can be changed at ground level? And what size (appx) overall will the sign be? Need lots more details to help.

If it's at ground level, we just did a 30x36, 3mm dibond sign that is going on a side bracket (it hangs to one side of the pole but I've seen systems that center hang - but they necessitate 2 separate signs) with 3" letters on 3.25" PVC (black vinyl on white) with velcro. They can change the time and the date (for homeowners meetings) very easily. It looks better than track lettering and is easy to change. This is the second one I've done like that and the first is still up 3 years later in the Florida sun...