• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any independent service technicians?

TopFliteGraphics

My HP 315 is on the fritz. The cyan ink slot is having issues and I was told by HP it is most likely the PIP sensor. The kicker is, because I don't have a service contract, the minimum cost is $1800! Or if I want to sign a $3143 one year service agreement, they will "discount" that cost to $999. So basically $4000 to fix a simple sensor. WTF?!?!?! I can buy a brand new printer for $10K!

I love my printer and it has been 100% trouble free for 5 years. My last payment is next month and I was really looking forward to no more payments for a while.

Bottom line, is there anyone in south Florida that services these printers? Or does anyone know where to buy a PIP sensor? I am sure I can handle swapping it out myself if push comes to shove.

Steenland

Old Member
If you're the least bit handy and have the 300-series service manual, don't be afraid to try this yourself. I've been running HP large-format printers since 1998 and I've never paid for a service call. The service manuals take you through the procedures step-by-step.