• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Inspire 1.6 users out there?

Colin

Has anyone had Inspire 1.6 successfully run on a newer computer with XP?

I was once told by someone at Scanvec that it will not work. (Mine does because my XP was an upgrade from '98 on an older motherboard.

I'm just dreading the day when I need to get a new computer which may require me to fork over a bunch of cash for Flexi when I'm perfectly happy with Inspire.

Colin

Interesting Barry. Thanks. I thought that Scanvec was not doing anything more with Inspire (as of several years ago) and just went with Flexi. Is this actually by Scanvec/Amiable or someone else?

Hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Inspire was distributed by Scanvec as a successor to CASmate. Inspire went through only a couple releases before the Scanvec-Amiable merger.

I can't remember exactly why we chose not to move from CASmate to Inspire in the late 1990s. It could have been the price or something else. We stuck with CASmate 6.52 until about 1999 and then had to switch. None of our three locks would work with Windows98 second edition or Windows 2000 Professional.

Today there's a similar compatibility headache between Flexi 6.x and WindowsXP Pro. If you're replacing an old machine running Flexi 6.6 and then go to a new XP Pro box you'll likely need the Flexi 7.x upgrade for the program to run at all.

Barry

Colin said:
Interesting Barry. Thanks. I thought that Scanvec was not doing anything more with Inspire (as of several years ago) and just went with Flexi. Is this actually by Scanvec/Amiable or someone else?

Hmmmmmm

InspireXPPro is not a Scanvec product. Another company took the old code and highly modified it while keeping the same look and feel.

Colin

Interesting........
Did they legally buy it out or what? Perhaps there's something on the books that says that if a software is defunct for a certain amount of time, then it's free for the taking. (???)

Any users of this newer product have any feedback?

Barry

Colin said:
Interesting........
Did they legally buy it out or what? Perhaps there's something on the books that says that if a software is defunct for a certain amount of time, then it's free for the taking. (???)

Any users of this newer product have any feedback?
Ive used the demo and it works really nice. You can download it from the site and check it out yourself.

Colin

Barry: I've checked out their site and am already nervous. They don't say how much of a discount is offered for current Inspire users, and there's no way to contact them!
Then there's the $49.00 annual fee for upgrades that you don't know are gonna happen. Hmmmm.