• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Lookin for a suggestion about a rip software

Annette Asberg

Hi
We have been using Onyx 12.2 with our HP Latex 365. Recently we've had weird issues messing up the results.
We set a file up for printing by increasing the size 200% then made 6 tiles with 1" overlap.
Then we printed on 3M 40C. The print came out with panel 5 and 6 perfect. The rest of the panels were missing the overlap, and panel 3 being 1/2" longer that it should be.
Has anyone experienced anything similar and do you have an idea of what may be the problem? And does anyone use any better RIP software than Onyx?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Onyx is a very good rip, classed as one of the best.
Your version is also very old.

Id suggest doing some tests and finding out what's happening rather than spending money on a new RIP to solve the issue.

Annette Asberg

Onyx is a very good rip, classed as one of the best.
Your version is also very old.

Id suggest doing some tests and finding out what's happening rather than spending money on a new RIP to solve the issue.
Thank you for opening my eyes Pauly! We will try all different ways to print small wall graphics to determine what is happening and not.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Why move away from onyx instead of upgrade?

Worth getting a free trial of a new version and trying to replicate the issue/checking if it persists?

Most members here would likely suggest Onyx or Caldera

jimmmi

Hi
We have been using Onyx 12.2 with our HP Latex 365. Recently we've had weird issues messing up the results.
We set a file up for printing by increasing the size 200% then made 6 tiles with 1" overlap.
Then we printed on 3M 40C. The print came out with panel 5 and 6 perfect. The rest of the panels were missing the overlap, and panel 3 being 1/2" longer that it should be.
Has anyone experienced anything similar and do you have an idea of what may be the problem? And does anyone use any better RIP software than Onyx?
Are you sure you had enough material width to fit the panels? I had one job that was very limited to edges and some tiles had smaller even no overlap, after some skew of the material during long print