• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any networking options for Graphtec plotters?

SignBurst PCs

I can understand why somebody would want to network a printer as they can be preloaded and run long continuous jobs unattended. But with a plotter, unless you intend to cut every sign you do out of one color why would one want to network it and or go to the trouble to network it when 9 times out of ten someone is going to have to physically walk up to the machine and load the media ? Is there some sort of plotter monkey who will do it for you?

edited to add it doesn't take much of a machine to run a plotter so if connectivity is a problem wouldn't it be better to run some sort dedicated computer?

It is an inexpensive way to share a plotter between multiple computers.

jgolo

I have a Roland CX-300 (USB) running through my network. Had to have the plotter in another room, it was a space issue. the plotter is near my internet connection, router with a usb print server built in and I set up my computer this way:

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/1004.html

Works for me.