• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Questions

jwash

If anyone has any questions about using their CNC routers...please feel free to ask. I am quite fluent with mine. Also if you have any tips let me know also.

jwash

MAB SIGNS

MDF?

I just signed on with a good company who has a router in house and we're using MDF for routered panels as well as some PVC, Cedar, and Signfoam. How is MDF outdoors? Pros / cons? Also can you cut acrylic letters on a router and if so what about using a specialty film over acrylic or PVC then cutting on a router? Would chem metals be better to use as a laminate for routered signage? Needless to say I'm excited at the idea of utilizing a router in our shop. Its a Gerber, not sure what model but I believe it has a 4' x 8' bed or close to it.

dennis j

We cut acrylic with our router it is a hard material if you engrave the chips like to melt back to the path. The feed rate needs to be slower than most materials.:smile: